85g (3oz) Butter
2 tbspn Golden syrup
2 tbspn Cocoa powder
170g (6oz) Digestives biscuits/cookies
1 x 135g Bag of Maltesers, half crushed and half left whole
Plus anything else you fancy – in the pictured one we had a handful of mini marshmallows, small bits of Toblerone and Mars bar in there too!
1. Melt the butter and golden syrup in a small, heavy base saucepan
2. Stir in the cocoa powder, digestives and crushed Maltesers until well combined
3. Allow to cool slightly then stir through the whole Maltesers and mini marshmallows/everything else
4. Line a square sponge tin with baking paper, pour in the mixture and press down well
5. Chill until set. About 2 hours
6. Slice into chunks and enjoy!
Apologies for the vagueness in places but it is the sort of thing that you can make up as you go along. We tend to put all sorts of things in depending on what’s available in the house.
It tends to only keep a couple of days I’ve found. Fortunately it tastes so delicious that it won’t last that long anyway! 😉